Friday, August 3, 2012

A throne for the Queen.

I've always joked that I am the "Queen of my Classroom".  So I thought it was about time for me to get a throne!  LOL, just kidding.  I actually have had this plain wood stool in my classroom for the past two years.  I use it when I'm teaching and occasionally, the students will sit on it when they are sharing.  Well, I saw the cutest stool on Pinterest that someone had painted. Of course I wanted one of my own.  Here it is.  I'm pretty happy with it.  I used acrylic paint and applied a gloss sealer after finishing.  I used a paint pen for the zebra design on the top which I am quite proud to say I actually free handed the drawing.  For the name, I printed off my name using the computer.  Then I took transfer paper (you can get it a Hobby Lobby) to trace it on the stool.  I just filled it in with the paint pen after and hot glued a feather boa around the seat.  Voila!!! Fit for a Queen.


No comments:

Post a Comment