Friday, March 15, 2013

Show Me!

Recently, I began taking part in twitter chats for professional development.  I have to say that if you are a teacher and you are not utilizing this totally free resource for ideas and continued professional growth, you are missing out!  One of my new favorites is a Sunday night chat under the hashtag #1stchat.  It makes it possible to network and collaborate with educators all over the world with a focus on the 1st grade.  The other night, I was really inspired by a program that was shared by another teacher.  The program, or app, is called ShowMe.  It allows students to make a recording of their voice while illustrating or writing whatever they want.  I found this a great tool for assessing students abilities and understanding while also activating higher order thinking skills.  I am now experimenting with how this app can be best used in my classroom to advance my 1st graders. Here is an example of one activity that I have already used this great app to do. The possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment