Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tiny Tips for My Teacher Friends

Storage Solution -
I have rectangular tables in my classroom.  I enjoy having the tables to promote collaborative learning, but it makes storage a problem.  Seatback pockets are very expensive and haven't been something I could afford to do. Last year I saw numerous posts on using stretchable book covers as seatback pockets.  Sometime in September, I decided to purchase some that were on clearance at our local Walmart and try them out.  I have to admit the work fairly well.  Now, I wouldn't recommend putting textbooks in them, but my students were able to keep workbooks, work folders, white boards, and their computer headphones within easy reach. I paid around $1.00 for each cover, and I am happy to say that all but one will be usable again this year. If you decide to try book covers, I recommend purchasing jumbo size covers.  These hold wider folders better.
Brilliant idea!!!
I have seen these tiny latching containers for the past three years at Staples.  I've always wondered what in the world they would be good for besides holding a few paper clips. The other day I was browsing through Staples trying to decide what supplies I needed for the coming year when I stumbled upon these little babies again.  BAM! It hit me right in the forehead.  These would be awesome containers for dice. They latch securely, are the perfect size, and offer great visibility for students to see the dice. They even stack for easy storage. No more flying dice!! I even scored great on their price because they were on sale for .25 cents.  Normally priced at $1.00 a box, I think it is a decent price for such a great solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment