Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Blogging........by students.

I just want to take a moment to share about a great webservice that I used all last year in my classroom and plan on using this year.  It's called Kidblog.  Kidblog is a FREE, (oh yeah, my favorite four letter word) online blogging site designed especially for teachers to use for their students.  It is a safe environment where teachers have absolute control over content and connections. 


Teachers can create an account without having student email addresses.  It takes as little as a minute to set up a class. Students have the option to customize their blogs if the teacher allows it. My first grade students loved having the opportunity not only to blog, but also to comment on the blogs of their peers. Above is a sample page from one of my students. We started out simple with short one sentence blog posts and ended with students writing weekly blog entries about what they were learning in class.  This was a great review tool for them and assessment tool for me.  I highly recommend this totally FREE website.

Check it out at  www.kidblog.org

No comments:

Post a Comment